The PERFECT GIFT for the vegan in everyone…
For a limited time only Ann Gentry’s popular plant-based cookbooks are being offered at a discounted price with free shipping anywhere in the continental US and PERSONALLY INSCRIBED by the author.
Grab your books now, before it’s too late!
The Real Food Daily Cookbook: Really Fresh, Really Good, Really Vegetarian$20.00Add to cart
People are still raving about these stand-the-test-of-time recipes! In The Real Food Daily Cookbook…
“Ann Gentry’s hearty preparations of whole grains, vegetables and soy are just what the doctor ordered for better health. You can really taste the care and love that went into these delicious recipes.”
~Andrew Weil, MD
“Ann Gentry’s cooking comes from her heart and ends up on the table for all to enjoy.”
Hi, I’m Ann Gentry,
If you’re still scrolling and wondering who I am, here’s nine pertinent fun facts to get to know me better.
- When I set out to revolutionize the world by opening the first organic vegan restaurant on the West Coast, everyone told me I was crazy. Twenty-five years later and five locations, I was crowned a real food pioneer.
- I once played a waitress in a beer commercial with a famous rodeo star. My line was, “Here’s your steak, Steve. I was a full fledged vegan by then, but show biz is all about make believe!
- I performed Off-Broadway in Sam Shepard’s Fool for Love, opposite Bruce Willis and Will Patton. Since I’m dropping names, my best boy pal in New York was Mr. Big. How could I not tell you that?!
4. My middle name is Clark. In high school, I was called Clark Kent or Clark Bar. Superman is still my favorite male superhero, and I could easily eat a bag of chocolate covered nuts in one sitting.
5. I once penned my own bi-monthly column for a magazine in the UK called Junior: The World’s Finest Parenting Magazine. My children were young, I was juggling motherhood and a full work life. I made my deadlines in stained shirts with dirty hair.
6. My acting chops served me well when I appeared on The Today Show and twice on The Talk. When I hosted 52 episodes of Naturally Delicious with Ann Gentry. they didn’t call me one-take Annie for nothing.
7. I’m a voracious reader. On my bedside table is a book by Elena Ferrante, and the two Micheals – Lewis and Pollan. I also love reading Haiku poetry. I wrote this one.
Follow what you know for sure.
Change comes from the heart.
8. I’ve recently mastered the art of thrifting. I used to frown upon the idea of wearing someone else’s hand-me-downs. Not anymore, I’m the queen of pre-loved!
9. I would have never imagined I would return to my first passion – acting. But after a 30-year run in a culinary business, I hung up my aprons for camera, light, and action again.
As we say in show business, I had a great run. I knew when it was time to hang up my aprons for good. And this is where the circle connects. Believe me when I say I was the most surprised. I never imagined I would return to my first love!
But I did and I’m having a ball working in commercials and print work. For bookings, contact my representation at Lovestone Theatrical Agency
in Los Angeles.
When I’m not working in front of the cameras, you’ll find me trekking in the wilderness.
You can also find me musing about positive aging and healthy living on Instagram @agelikeagoddess